Monday, December 19, 2005











WIP Welshhoef´s Rianne / Welsh Partbred pony

Here is an example on a graphite pencil work I did of a beautiful Welsh Partbred pony Welshhoef´s Rianne.

Many artists work on their artwork as a whole; they concentrate on working on the whole horse at all times. With my pastels, oils and acrylics I tend to do the same. But with graphite pencils I bring the horse out of the paper like pieces in a puzzle. I work one part of the horse until it is finished and then turn to the area next to it. No idea why I do this with graphite pencils, but I must admit it is an exciting way to work. The horse comes to life in front of me in small pieces and I can´t wait to see the end result.

This particular Welsh pony was a pleasure to make and the picture was given as a birthday present to the owner of the pony.

***

Tässä on esimerkki lyijykynätyöstä, jonka tein kauniista Welsh partbred-ponista Welshhoef´s Riannesta.

Monet taiteilijat työstävät maalaustaan kokonaisuutena; he maalaavat koko hevosta koko ajan. Ja mitä pastelli-, öljy- ja akryylimaalauksiin tulee, teen itsekin samalla tavalla. Mutta lyijykynätöissä tuon hevosen ulos paperista kuin palapelin paloina. Työstän yhden kohdan hevosesta loppuun saakka ja siirryn sitten sen viereiseen osaan. Minulla ei ole aavistustakaan, miksi työskentelen lyijykynillä juuri näin, mutta työskentelytapa on jännittävä. Hevonen muuttuu eläväksi edessäni pieninä osina, enkä malttaisi odottaa työn valmistumista.

Tämä nimenomainen walesinponi oli ilo tehdä tauluksi. Se annettiin syntymäpäivälahjaksi ponin omistajalle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home