Saturday, February 16, 2008


Water lilies

Last summer we went to our friends´ summer cottage. One morning it was cloudy. I wandered to the lake shore with my camera and started zooming on some water fowl when I realized there were beautiful waterlilies right in front of me. Water lilies by Monet came to my mind and I took some pictures of them - and right then the sun came through the clouds, and the white flowers shone like snow on the deep blue lake. I thought I´d make a painting from the photograph but then I realized the photo was a piece of art on its own and decided to let it speak for itself.
You´ll find prints and other producs of the waterlilies here:
Click here!

***

Lumpeenkukat

Viime kesänä menimme vieraisille ystäviemme kesämökille. Eräänä aamuna oli pilvistä. Kuljin järven rantaan ja aloin kuvata vesilintuja, kun huomasin upeat lumpeenkukat aivan edessäni. Mieleeni tulivat Monetin lumpeenkukat ja otin kuvia lumpeista - ja juuri silloin aurinko tuli esiin. Sen säteet saivat kukat hohtamaan lumivalkoisina syvän sinistä järveä vasten. Ajattelin tehdä valokuvan perusteella maalauksen, mutta sitten tajusin, että kuva oli itsessään jo taideteos ja päätin antaa sen puhua puolestaan.
Printtejä ja muita tuotteita lumpeenkukista löydät täältä:
Klikkaa tästä!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home